I then took some time during my leave to remove unnecessary customization, refresh my knowledge over some custom scripts I use. After some tests, finally, Jacko.MY is on the new Blogger platform with new design template and dashboard...
|The Old Jacko.MY|
|The New Jacko.MY|
- Justify for paragraph alignment.
- "Open in new window" for links.
- "Readmore"/"Jump Break" that provides a summary of posts in the homepage than displaying the entire story.
- Statistics view (with counter widget).
- The overlay of images (or called lightbox?) on the post when click. I wanted to customize the old template to support this, now I saved my time from doing so.
- Unify the color scheme for blog and widgets. For example, links will appear in the same color across the blog and the widgets such as CBox.
- Open the post in new window for "Readmore"/"Jump Break"
- Facebook "Like" and Google+ "+1" buttons.
- LinkWithin widget for related posts.
I also removed the CBox chatter box as it causes unwanted/spam pop up windows to visitors. I didn't know this (this proves that the pop up blocker by Chrome and Firefox are really effective) until I was running tests using IE. Leave your questions in the comment box from now on.
There is so far only one thing I don't like about the new dashboard, it's the consistency of integration with Google+. When you publish (or update a published post), a "Share on Google+" window will pop up...
The share result is not consistent in Google+, look at this...
I have submitted the feedback to Blogger, hopefully they can nail down to the cause.
I think Jacko.MY is good for now. I shall blog soon about my next gadget :)